[squid-users] (no subject)

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri May 12 15:20:50 UTC 2017

On 05/12/2017 08:50 AM, chiasa.men wrote:
> Am Freitag, 12. Mai 2017, 14:16:45 CEST schrieb Amos Jeffries:
>> The efficient solution is to have long persistence on the connections
>> between your CDN frontend (Squid) and the backend origins (Apache). You
>> can make the timeout much shorter on the Squid client connections.

> I see. So I'll tell apache to set the KeepAliveTimeout to squids default
> persistent_request_timeout of 2 minutes :)

To avoid race conditions, the Apache timeout should be _larger_ than
Squid timeout. If Apache only talks to Squid, then it does not hurt to
set the Apache timeout to twice the value of Squid timeout. It is the
_smaller_ timeout that will effectively determine the number of idle
persistent connections between the two points in this case.