[squid-users] Help to Compile Squid for Windows

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon May 8 15:50:36 UTC 2017

On 05/08/2017 08:29 AM, Tobias Tromm wrote:
> I receive the following error, with i fix by changing
> the line mentioned to " const void *i = memchr(buf(), (int)c,
> (size_type)endPos); "
>
> someone probably has to change the fsource file with have the typo...

This is not a typo: There is a huge difference between memchr() and
memrchr() functions. If there is no memrchr() in your Windows
environment, Squid would have to provide a replacement.

If you want to work on fixing these problems, move to squid-dev like
Amos advised. If you want to report these problems and then wait for the
fix, then file a bug report (and wait). Please note that, AFAICT, the
Squid Project currently lacks active Windows developers so it may take a
while to address any Windows-specific bugs.

Cheers,

Alex.