[squid-users] Help to Compile Squid for Windows

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon May 8 14:41:01 UTC 2017

On 09/05/17 00:13, Tobias Tromm wrote:

> Hi.
>

> So I am trying now to compile the last version
> squid-3.5.25-20170504-r14155
> <http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.5/squid-3.5.25-20170504-r14155-RELEASENOTES.html>|05
> May 2017| for Windows with Cygwin and I am having the erros on
> attached file (please see the ones I paint with red).
>

> [doc version attached or pdf version here due to list attached size
> limit https://www.papinho.com/squid.pdf
> <https://www.papinho.com/squid.pdf> ]
>

> What is wrong?

This list is really for sysadmin and other user discussions about Squid
features and uses. For code problems please contact the squid-dev
mailing list. The size limit there is quite a bit larger exactly so
traces can be posted, though if as you say it is a compile error I
expect your trace can be pruned down to just the first (or first few)
actual error messages.

Your system seems to be missing headers for the ancient LanManager
protocols (superceded by NTLM back in the 1980's). You can work around
that by not building the ACL helpers (--disable-external-acl-helpers) or
listing just the ones you want in --enable-external-acl-helpers="..."

To avoid hitting more of this type of thing later check out the build
options Diladele use for their builds of Squid for Windows with Cygwin.