[squid-users] CentOS 7 -- Squid 3.5.20

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue Mar 14 20:47:36 UTC 2017

As the maintainer of the *external*CentOS repository I believe that there is
some confusion.
You should read the note in the wiki about my repository:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/CentOS#Pre-Built_Binary_Packages

You cannot install squid-helpers rpm without the squid rpm from the repo
since your main squid binaries will be missing the core functionality of
bumping ssl connections.
The ssl_crtd is just a helper software which can be written by the squid
team or by someone else.
It happens so the Squid-Cache team found it unreasonable to release an
helper api without the helper itself.
Squid main function is a simple forward proxy without any ssl
bumping\interception and also since it's illegal in more than some places on
the globe to use ssl-bump, I decided package it as a helper
You can use the RPMS or SRPMS from my repository just get into:
http://ngtech.co.il/repo/centos/7/

and find your way in the folder.
If you need more help I am here for it.

All The Bests,