[squid-users] CentOS 7 -- Squid 3.5.20

Evan Blackstone evan.blackstone at oecu.org
Tue Mar 14 22:26:44 UTC 2017

Thank you very much for the info.

What's weird is that the "squid -v" output from the CentOS distribution has the "--with-openssl" and "--enable-ssl_crtd" flags enabled! I just assumed that it was capable of SSL stuff since I saw that.

I went ahead and just compiled it per Tommy's suggestion earlier in the day. (I even used the output of the "squid -v" command from the prebuilt CentOS version.) Had a little trouble figuring out the permissions/folder/Squid user stuff (since that stuff is done automatically when installing from repos), but it seems to be up and running now.

Thank you guys for the help again!