[squid-users] squid workers question

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Mar 10 09:38:33 UTC 2017

On 09.03.17 11:02, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>Running AUFS in SMP mode is unsafe by default but some admins use
>configuration hacks to make it work for them. Primary Store developers
>do not test such configurations (or AUFS in general).

according to the "workers" docs, "workers 0" is the same as "squid -N" and
"workers 1" is non-SMP mode

so, with "workers 1", both aufs and rock should work properly, with rock
using separate process, correct?

>Running a combination of AUFS and Rock stores in SMP mode is crazy.

I get that as in SMP mode, ufs should be used?

10 GOTO 10 : REM (C) Bill Gates 1998, All Rights Reserved!