[squid-users] NTLM authentication worked in Squid 2.7.STABLE8 Squid Web Proxy, now need it in v3.5 hosted on Windows server 2k12

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Jun 27 17:36:56 UTC 2017

On 28/06/17 05:12, Todd Pearson wrote:

> Thank you for the information.  Is there any place to download the
> helper binaries for NTLM?  Or do I need to build them myself?

Since you were using the SSPI helper for NTLM you should have the
Negotiate/Kerberos equivalent already. It is mswin_sspi in Squid-2 or
negotiate_sspi_auth in Squid-3.2+. The group checking helpers work with
both auth types.

Diladele provide Squid-3 builds for Windows
(<http://squid.diladele.com/>) if you are still going that way.

> Is there additional information on kerberos configuration in a windows
> environment.  Trying to wrap my head around the keytab and creation of
> it in a windows only environment.

This may be of help understanding what the Kerberos process is:
<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/Kerberos>

though the config examples and setup commands we have are all for
non-Windows Squid machines it seems.

PS. I don't use Windows Squid servers myself, so cant be much help here.
Maybe someone more familiar can help out.