[squid-users] Squid authentication problem (Amos Jeffries)

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Jun 19 21:15:32 UTC 2017

On 20/06/17 03:20, Sonya Roy wrote:
> Since you are saying the IP that can be passed to the helpers is
> configurable, how would I pass the local IP of the server that the
> client connected to?
>
> I checked out the helpers you mentioned, there they check which IP the
> connection is coming from. Not the local IP of the server that the
> client is connected to and they are using %SRC for that.

The external ACL helpers don't know one IP from any other. They simply
check what is given to them against some form of username+ip mapping.

In Squid-3.5 that would be %MYADDR
<http://ww.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.5/cfgman/external_acl_type.html>.

In Squid-4+ it would be %>la
<http://ww.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.5/cfgman/logformat.html>