[squid-users] Squid authentication problem (Amos Jeffries)

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Jun 19 13:13:00 UTC 2017

On 20/06/17 00:09, Sonya Roy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From what I saw with using IP as part of then authentication, it checks
> which IP the user is connecting to the server from. What I want to check
> is which public IP of the server the user is connecting to.

The IP is whichever one you pass to the various helpers. That is
configurable.

> If someone connects to the server's IP address x.x.x.x, I want the
> outgoing traffic to go through the same IP address x.x.x.x. That's why I
> put an acl rule for each public IP of the server and specified the
> tcp_outgoing_address for each of them.
>
> So, for example, if the server has say 50 public IP address, I want to
> create an user who will be able to connect to 25 of them and another to
> another 25.

That is _what_ you are wanting.

My question was _why_ you wanted to do that?

> I hope this clarifies my original question.

Your original question was whether there was any workaround for
authentication requiring credentials. I believe my previous post
answered that already.

Cheers