[squid-users] Content / Message JS Injection for HTTP Pages Only

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Jun 12 20:36:53 UTC 2017

Hey Naveen,

ECAP and ICAP been in use for such things very long ago.
This is one of the reasons for the movement in the network to encrypt
traffic and also to pin certificates in the applications.
You will need to choose to go either with ECAP or ICAP and from there the
direction is pretty simple.
I was thinking of publishing an example using an ICAP service which is based
on this example:
https://github.com/elico/icap/blob/master/example/redirect.go

But I am not sure if it would be a good idea to do so.
I believe that if you will be able to grasp the example you would be able to
mangle it a bit to act as "proxy" in a way and then to inject content into
the body of the response.
You will need some skills and experimentation with the GoLang language and
concepts to make it work.
It's not a beginner task so don't expect it to be accomplished in one week.

Let me know if you need some more guidance.

Eliezer

----
http://ngtech.co.il/lmgtfy/
Linux System Administrator