[squid-users] Squid memory leak on ubuntu 14.04

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Jan 10 06:43:12 UTC 2017

On 10/01/2017 4:56 a.m., vinay wrote:
> Thanks Amos,
>
> I installed Squid 3.5.19 successfully on Ubuntu 14.04. The access log is

Okay. Now its time to upgrade to 3.5.23.

> getting updated with TCP_MISS/200 for every request. Same time Cache log is
> not getting updated.
> I have default squid configuration.

Squid Project default? or Debian default? or Ubuntu default?

> Please let me know anything need to be
> changed to Cache the contents to get "TCP_HIT" and cache log to get updated.

You need to add a cache_dir to get disk hits (TCP_HIT).

But you should be seeing TCP_MEM_HIT or REFRESH traffic unless you have
disabled cachign entirely, or ar not testign it correctly. Which can
happen if:
* you are using force-reload or refresh button in a browser.
* you are using a non-cacheable website for tests.