[squid-users] Squid on separate box and it can't see packets

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Feb 20 21:25:43 UTC 2017

And just wanted to add a note that some Linux machines will act as an HUB\BRIDGE by default in a similar scenario(will not drop packets..).
I noticed it while working on some tiny lab and it's better to have the linux machine with ipv4_forward turned on with an iptables DROP rule rather then without(with some distros and some specific kernels).

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator