[squid-users] Logs to confirm packets dropped/not forwarded by squid

Anonymous cross anonymouscross at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:04:53 UTC 2017

We are using squid with tproxy4. All the packets destined to port 80 are
forwarded to tproxy port 3129 using the below guide

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4

Normal HTTP GET requests forwarded to Squid are working fine. But we do see
problems with TCP segments which holds HTTP data. I am not sure how squid
TCP reassembly logic works. I need some way to find out where it's getting
dropped in squid.

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Antony Stone <
Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it> wrote:

> On Monday 06 Feb 2017 at 17:34, Anonymous cross wrote:
>
> > I don't find any entry in access.log for that connection.
>
> Okay, maybe you should explain a little more about what you mean by "I
> could
> see HTTP GET is forwarded to Squid" - does "forwarded" mean you're using
> intercept mode, and if it does, how are you forwarding the packets to
> Squid?
>
> How did you "see the HTTP GET", and where were you looking for it?
>

> Antony.
>
> --
> Wanted: telepath.   You know where to apply.
>
>                                                    Please reply to the
> list;
>                                                          please *don't* CC
> me.