[squid-users] Limiting amount of Bandwidth Squid gets data from the outside internet

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Dec 29 09:34:14 UTC 2017

On 28.12.17 23:38, Emal user wrote:
>My internet connection is 200 KiloBytes a second.

>Squid uses all the available internet bandwidth so other users in the house get no bandwidth.
>
>I would like Squid to not ever use more than about 50 Kilobytes of internet bandwidth.

what other users? Aren't they allowed to use squid? Or aren't they using
squid traffic?

apparently the main problem is that squid opens much more connections that
other users, and TCP streams tend to get equal speed - who opens more
connections, gets more speed.

the correct solution should be router with fair shaping that provides each
user the same bandwidth.

LSD will make your ECS screen display 16.7 million colors