[squid-users] Squid high CPU usage after uprade to squid-3.4.4

Rejaine Monteiro rejaine at bhz.jamef.com.br
Fri Dec 29 12:00:57 UTC 2017

Hello people,

We had a server running SLES11 with SQUID-2.1.7and everything has always
worked very well.

After reinstalled server to OpenSuSE 13.2 with SQUID-3.4.4 (keeping the
same configuration/squid.conf), the proxy experience high CPU after a
certain time of use... squid load goes up until it stops responding ...

I run a squid -k reconfigure or reload and everything returns to normal,
until the load goes up again gradually...

In the cache.log I found this alert:

   | WARNING! Your cache is running out of filedescriptors

Searching, I found a tip asking to increase fs_max_descriptor (both in
OS and in squid.conf), but I do not know this would be the most correct
action (I'm still testing) I've also read that this version would have a
bug and that maybe need to downgrade ...

Does anyone confirm whether there is a bug in this version or if there
is any other configuration tip to solve this problem definitively?

Thank you very much in advance!