[squid-users] FTP proxy chain with native ftp

Sticher, Jascha jascha.sticher at tds.fujitsu.com
Tue Dec 12 15:51:05 UTC 2017

Hi,

we're currently upgrading our proxy environment to squid 3.5.23 (Debian Stretch) and would like to use the native FTP proxy feature to replace our old FTP proxy solution (frox).

Due to some design choices, we have a proxy hierarchy for HTTP as well as FTP traffic. Is there a way (yet) to tell my first squid instance to use another squid as a forward proxy with native FTP?

IIRC, the cache_peer directive always uses HTTP requests, so this seems as a dead end.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,

Jascha Sticher