[squid-users] extract http headers from CONNECT / bumped ssl?

Aaron Turner synfinatic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 00:00:49 UTC 2017

So I've deployed squid in forward mode, installed the CA in my web
clients, etc and have squid working fine for both http and https
traffic.

One thing I need to do is be able to extract a http request header
into an external_acl_type:

external_acl_type client_ip_map_0 %>{My-Custom-Client-Id}
/usr/lib64/squid/user_loadbalance.py 0 4

This works fine for standard HTTP requests, but doesn't work for https
queries via CONNECT.  Is there some way to configure Squid to parse
them?  I need to load balance outbound requests via multiple IP
addresses based on this header and probably 50% of my traffic is
https.

Thanks!

--
Aaron Turner