[squid-users] Squid Reverse Proxy and WebDAV caching

Olivier MARCHETTA olivier.marchetta at outlook.com
Thu Aug 31 09:33:18 UTC 2017

Hi Amos,

It works now.
I made a proper test between 2 clients and using Robocopy.
Here's the cache HIT result:
Cache information for squid:
Hits as % of all requests: 5min: 15.2%, 60min: 14.4%
Hits as % of bytes sent:	5min: 67.4%, 60min: 67.4%
Memory hits as % of hit requests: 5min: 100.0%, 60min: 100.0%
Disk hits as % of hit requests: 5min: 0.0%, 60min: 0.0%
Storage Swap size: 70752 KB
Storage Swap capacity: 69.1% used, 30.9% free
Storage Mem size: 70968 KB
Storage Mem capacity: 54.1% used, 45.9% free
Mean Object Size: 1768.80 KB
Requests given to unlinkd: 0

Robocopy log from WORKSTATION1
Files :   40
Copied: 40
Time :   00:48

Robocopy log from WORKSTATION2
Files :   40
Copied: 40
Time :   00:14

If I clear the WebDAV client cache on WORKSTATION1 and execute the copy test again, I will also download from the cache.
The overall copy time will be below 15 seconds instead of 50 seconds.
I don't have any error if I try to read a file from the cache (as I had before)
and the copied files are healthy.

Great !
I will wait before saying it's a victory.
But at least we can now read files from the Squid Cache.
Which was the most important step before going any forward. 😊

Thank you very much for your help and accurate answers.

Regards,
Olivier MARCHETTA