[squid-users] Large text ACL lists

Benjamin E. Nichols webmaster at squidblacklist.org
Thu Sep 29 17:42:49 UTC 2016

The other issue is that shalla and urlblacklist produce garbage
blacklists, and neither of them are actively developing or improving the
backend technology required to product high quality blacklists.

We are the leading publisher of blacklists tailored for Web Filtering
Purposes.

We are also the only commercial source for Squid Native ACL. Yes, we
have it.

On 9/29/2016 4:44 AM, Darren wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have been tinkering with Squidguard for a while, using it to manage
> ACL lists and time limits etc.
>
> While it works OK, it's not in active development and has it's issues.
>
> What are the limitations with just pumping ACL lists directly into
> Squid and letting it do all the work internally without running a team
> of squidguards?
>
> how efficient is squid now at parsing the text files directly, will i
> Need more ram as the list grows? Is it slower or are their
> optimizations that I can do?
>
> thanks all
>
> Darren Breeze
>

> Sent from Mailbird