[squid-users] Large text ACL lists

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu Sep 29 10:08:09 UTC 2016

On Thursday 29 September 2016 at 11:44:28, Darren wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have been tinkering with Squidguard for a while, using it to manage ACL
> lists and time limits etc.
>
> While it works OK, it's not in active development and has its issues.

Have you considered https://www.urlfilterdb.com/products/ufdbguard.html ?

Their database is not free, but the filtering plugin is.

> What are the limitations with just pumping ACL lists directly into Squid
> and letting it do all the work internally without running a team of
> squidguards?
>
> how efficient is squid now at parsing the text files directly, will i Need
> more ram as the list grows? Is it slower or are their optimizations that I
> can do?

Maybe someone else can answer this part of your question; I have no data on
this.

Antony.

--
This email was created using 100% recycled electrons.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.