[squid-users] connections from particular users sometimes get stuck

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Tue Sep 27 20:02:20 UTC 2016

Hi.

On 28.09.2016 0:29, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> Since you can reproduce this, I suggest collecting ALL,9 log for the
> stuck master transaction:
>
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting#Debugging_a_single_transaction
>
> If collecting a debugging trace is impossible for some reason, then
> collect the corresponding TCP packets on the Squid to origin server link
> and post actual packets (not screenshots of packet summaries) from both
> connections. The debugging trace will most likely have the answer. The
> packet trace might have the answer.
>
> You may need to change user credentials for this test or after posting
> the details requested above.

Well... I cannot reproduce it on purpose, I'm just saying it is
self-reproducible for almost a year, in certain moments of time.
Collecting a debug trace isn't hard by itself, but I'm pretty sure the
restart will clear this state for a current machine (I guess squid
didn't get a way to increase debug level on the fly ? at least I'm not
aware of it; so I will need to restart it to set ALL,9), and I'll have
to run with ALL,9 for quite some time, which is, obviously, not good for
production, because it will create enormous amounts of logging in cache
log. So I will post the tcpdump containing both exchanges, and if it
will be still unclear I'll think about running in a debug mode.

Thanks.
Eugene.