[squid-users] connections from particular users sometimes get stuck

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Sep 27 19:29:03 UTC 2016

On 09/27/2016 11:13 AM, Eugene M. Zheganin wrote:

> The wireshark screen where the issue is isolated for one particular
> connection can be found here -
> https://gyazo.com/fdec1d9d7c31a75afc7d4676abb83d15 (it's really a simple
> picture: TCP connection establishing, then GET -> 407 -> GET and bunch
> of keepalives, not a rocket science).
>
> Any ideas ?

Since you can reproduce this, I suggest collecting ALL,9 log for the
stuck master transaction:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting#Debugging_a_single_transaction

If collecting a debugging trace is impossible for some reason, then
collect the corresponding TCP packets on the Squid to origin server link
and post actual packets (not screenshots of packet summaries) from both
connections. The debugging trace will most likely have the answer. The
packet trace might have the answer.

You may need to change user credentials for this test or after posting
the details requested above.

Cheers,