[squid-users] Squid 3.5.21 - High CPU (100%)

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Sep 26 14:38:29 UTC 2016

On 09/26/2016 08:22 AM, Jasper Van Der Westhuizen wrote:
> I am
> currently testing with 4 cache dirs. All aufs currently. After adding
> these cache dirs, Squid started crashing every 20mins or so..

> FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

This is probably a Squid bug. Get a stack trace and post to bugzilla.
However, nobody I know works on aufs code; if the bug is specific to
aufs, it may take a while for this bug to be fixed.

> I tried rock but was stuck with this error for a while and decided to
>
> FATAL: Rock cache_dir at /var/cache/squid-c3//rock failed to open db
> file: (2) No such file or directory

Probably a misconfiguration combined with a misleading/wrong error
message. The Squid wiki has some suggestions on what system settings to
check and configure to make sure that all SMP workers can communicate
with each other over UDS. And do not forget to check permissions (even
"squid -N" will fail if they are wrong).

Cheers,