[squid-users] Squid 3.5.21 - High CPU (100%)

Jasper Van Der Westhuizen jvdwesthuiz at shoprite.co.za
Mon Sep 26 15:53:20 UTC 2016

--
Kind Regards
Jasper

On 09/26/2016 08:22 AM, Jasper Van Der Westhuizen wrote:

I am
currently testing with 4 cache dirs. All aufs currently. After adding
these cache dirs, Squid started crashing every 20mins or so..

FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

This is probably a Squid bug. Get a stack trace and post to bugzilla.
However, nobody I know works on aufs code; if the bug is specific to
aufs, it may take a while for this bug to be fixed.

Thanks Alex. How many aufs cache directories would you recommend? I currently have 4 configured and even though I don't see SQUID crashing and restarting I see a significant increase in CPU with very little traffic(End of business day).

Disclaimer:
http://www.shopriteholdings.co.za/Pages/ShopriteE-mailDisclaimer.aspx