[squid-users] proxy authorization header remover from 3.5.x squid

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Sep 17 10:02:34 UTC 2016

On 17/09/2016 9:41 p.m., --Ahmad-- wrote:
> Hi Amos thanks for the reply
>
> so indeed I’m only interested with connection between the proxy and the website that I’m visiting .
>
> all what I’m care is the website i visit don’t see any headers that indicate that I’m coming from a proxy
>
> i also tried with x-cache-header but i still see it in my firefox .

As I said. Your firefox details are irrelevant. That is about a
completely different TCP connection to what goes to the website server.

> i have final question
>
> can i have squid proxy that the website that i visit see it exactly as I’m using socks5 ???

SOCKS is not HTTP. Squid is an HTTP proxy.

If you want a cup of wine, you dont pour yourself a cup of orange juice.

SOCKS is about proxying TCP packets. If you want that level of
transparency, then use it. Don't use Squid.