[squid-users] Hint for howto wanted ...

Walter H. walter.h at mathemainzel.info
Tue Nov 29 09:51:27 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Mon, November 28, 2016 22:45, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:

> So much clear now to a solution.
> If you don’t know what Policy Based Routing and you have a bunch of VM's
and you are configuring the proxy in the browser manually you just need
to install on the first proxy 3.5.22 that allows you to tunnel CONNECT
requests to a parent proxy based on the request domain.
exact this I need/want to know;
can you please give an example in squid.conf, how to achieve this?

> What do you want to achieve? Content filtering? Special Routing(access
the internet from another county)? Intercept the connections or use the
browser settings to access the web?

just Content-filtering (including SSL-bump) and special routing (access
the internet via a proxy in another country) when using a proxy in the
browser settings ...
without browser settings there needn't be anything ..., in case this
client is blocked on the router, than this is ok, no need of intercepting
any connection ...

> Every question have a whole set of option and it's very simple to route
CONNECT requests to a parent proxy if the client configures the proxy in
it's settings.
> Indeed you won't need 3.5.22 to do that but you will need something that
can do that.

> Now my conclusion is this:
> Your need is to be able to pass CONNECT requests to a parent proxy. Amos
can you answer how it should be done and if it's possible at all using
3.1.X?

it would be great if you or Amos tells me how to do this with 3.5.20 or
with 3.4.14 by an example in squid.conf

Thanks,
Walter