[squid-users] Hint for howto wanted ...

Benjamin E. Nichols webmaster at squidblacklist.org
Mon Nov 28 09:09:11 UTC 2016

For your dynamic ip problem, you could easily write a small bash script to do a scheduled nslookup on a dynamic dns hostname using dyn or no-ip. Write it so that it dumps the output into your firewall rules to keep the ip updated in your firewall rules.
 Benjamin  E. Nicholshttp://www.squidblacklist.org
1-405-397-1360
------ Original message------From: Walter H.Date: Mon, Nov 28, 2016 2:58 AMTo: Eliezer Croitoru;Cc: squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org;Subject:Re: [squid-users] Hint for howto wanted ...
On Mon, November 28, 2016 06:56, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:> OK so the next step is:> Routing over tunnel to the other proxy and on it(which has ssl-bump)> intercept.by now only the 3.5.20 squid on the local VM does SSL-bump> If you have a public on the remote proxies which can use ssl-bump then> route the traffic to there using Policy Based routing.how do I configure this?> You can selectively route by source or destination IP addresses.by now the remote has in its iptables to only accept port 3128 from myhome IP (IPv6 and IPv4), but the IPv4 at home changes several times ayear;means it is not fix;>> Now my main question is: Can't you just install 3.5 on the 3.1.23 machine> and bump there?SSL bump and parent proxy together doesn't work,if this worked I wouldn't need the 3.1.23 machine at all ...the 3.1.23 machine has the other 2 proxies (3.4.14-remote and3.5.20-local) as parent ...I should mention that the 3.5.20 box also has ClamAV (SquidClam) whichdoes malware checking ...(the remote proxy can't run ClamAV)> How are you intercepting the connections? What are the iptables rules you> are using?the client have configured the 3.1.23 squid box as proxy> What OS are you running on top of the Squid boxes?all squid boxes run CentOS 6.8Thanks,Walter_______________________________________________squid-users mailing listsquid-users at lists.squid-cache.orghttp://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users