[squid-users] Just one error page.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Nov 25 07:54:27 UTC 2016

On 24.11.16 14:01, erdosain9 wrote:
>mmm,
>how i "ist the full list of error pages files and create a symbolic link
>from the single one to all the other named that are installed"
>
>by the way, i can use this with just one ACL? and the "regular errors pages"
>with another?
>
>im doing this, because we are changing a lot of things (we have a broken
>router "working") and sometimes the internet go down... the people (users)
>think "Oh... it's the fucking proxy!" because they see error pages that they
>dont understand.....

1. do you really care what the users think?
2. if you show proxy error message, of course they think it's proxy
3. as noted previously: different errors have different handling, specially
when server refuses to provide content, it's useless to show people the same
messahe as when "internet is down"

Spam = (S)tupid (P)eople's (A)dvertising (M)ethod