[squid-users] caching videos over https?
garryd at comnet.uz
Sun Nov 20 06:00:47 UTC 2016
On 2016-11-20 03:18, Yuri Voinov wrote:
> That's why I said that the development of the Indian - fake.
Yuri, first of all, your comment is outright _lie_ without
justifications. Second, the developer has a name - Kulbir, and I
believe, nationality of the developer is not relevant. Kulbir Saini,
also wrote a book for beginners , directly referred on
I used the product and can confirm it worked well. The product is no
longer actively developing and the code was moved to GitHub . Youtube
support was officially dropped. Below is brief description of product's
1. It adjusts refresh patterns to force video content caching, although
the cached content could not be used by clients directly.
2. It continuously monitors for access.log to gather URLs and to count
number of requests to the same URL.
3. The URL gets into the queue only if it was accessed configured number
of times by a client.
4. It calculates exact location on the cache store for each URL and
copies object directly from cache store to configured web server
5. Next time, if it will detect request to already cached (on web
server) object, URL rewriter redirects a client to the web server.
More information about the squid-users