[squid-users] is ACL conditional directive possible ?

Garri Djavadyan garryd at comnet.uz
Tue Nov 15 10:36:20 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-11-15 at 22:48 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Then you integrate Squid with those system QoS controls by using the
> tcp_outgoing_tos directive with ACLs to send the appropriate TOS
> label for the client IP.

Hi Amos,

AFAIK, the directive 'tcp_outgoing_tos' is applied only for traffic
from Squid to origin servers.

The reference [1] and my quick test confirmed my expectations:

  Allows you to select a TOS/Diffserv value for packets outgoing
  on the server side, based on an ACL.

Nevertheless, the directive 'qos_flows' [2] could be used to set ToS
for traffic from Squid to client.

[1] http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/tcp_outgoing_tos/
[2] http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/qos_flows/

Garri