[squid-users] is ACL conditional directive possible ?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Nov 15 10:10:53 UTC 2016

On 15/11/2016 11:01 p.m., AUBERT Thibaud wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> Sounds like a pretty interesting approach. Getting in touch with my
> network colleagues and convince them to change their Infra/routers
> configuration will be quiet a challenge through.

Okay. Network-wide would be best as it includes all non-HTTP traffic
people are doing.

But if that is not possible you might be able to configure it only
within the Squid machine. The key thing is that packets do not even get
delivered to Squid unless there is available bandwidth to spend on them.
ICMP and TCP can take care of the congestion issues.

> Even if http response limitation is not the best way to achieve my
> work, is there any way to use if statement to declare multiple
> directives depending on ACL ? I didn't see any example except for
> workers declaration and it's typically something than can help.

No. Sorry. The "if" directives are for per-process configuration only,
as a workaround for incomplete SMP support in some features.