[squid-users] Permission problems on basic auth helper

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Nov 15 07:20:17 UTC 2016

On 15/11/2016 8:05 p.m., Jeff Magnusson wrote:
> Been beating my head against this from multiple directions, any suggestions
> appreciated.
> Working on using a custom basic authenticator, but continually get
> permission errors in the log file.  I've confirmed (and reset) the path and
> file permissions multiple times, and confirmed that as the squid user I can
> execute the helper fine and see a result.

First problem is that you are using /tmp.

Second, is that you have not provide the output of "squid -v" so we
cannot verify that the Squid process permissions are what you expect
them to be.

Third, is that you are probably running SELinux, AppArmour or similar
security system on the machine. They can cause "Permission denied"
regardless of what the Unix ownership of the file says.