[squid-users] Looking for a way to route into cache_peer traffic dynamically.

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu May 26 15:16:52 UTC 2016

On 05/26/2016 03:52 AM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:

> I think that the best way is to use an ICAP meta header instead of altering
> the request itself

Agreed.

> but I am not sure if it is possible

It is not possible today: Converting ICAP headers into annotations
understood by Squid ACLs is only supported for eCAP services.

IIRC, somebody posted a patch (on squid-dev) with a similar feature for
ICAP, but that implementation needed to be redone to be officially
accepted (IMO). I do not know whether the author will adjust their code
to follow my recommendations. Perhaps you can do it for them.