[squid-users] squid 3.5.19, wccp2, pf and forwarding loop

Mark Davies mark at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Mon May 23 07:01:19 UTC 2016

On 23/05/16 18:48, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> ext_if="wm0"
>> int_if="bnx0"
>>
>> set skip on lo0
>>
>> rdr pass on $int_if inet proto tcp from 130.195.0.0/20 to any port 80 ->
>> 127.0.0.1 port 8081
>
> What prevents Squids outgoing traffic (to port 80) from being diverted
> back into Squid again?

I would expect the outgoing traffic to be on the external interface
(wm0) and the diversion is only on the internal (bnx0)

but I did try to test if something was happening on the internal by
reducing the address range being matched in the rdr line to something
that didn't include the internal address of the squid box and it made no
difference.

cheers
mark