[squid-users] Can Traffic Management Settings be configured for other TCP protocols?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue May 17 04:37:56 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-17 07:49, J Green wrote:
> Sorry, I was looking for logging of traffic management events, where
> maximum download/upload size has been violated.  Thank you.

The Squid native format logs size of things delivered to the client, not
the upload/request size.

You will need to define a custom log format. See the "SIZE COUNTERS"
section of <http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/logformat/> for the
available size measurement codes. You probably want %st.

And as Alex said tunnels and large uploads will not be logged and
reported until they are finished. You cannot catch someone in the act
using logs.