[squid-users] Fw: Re: Can`t cache always TCP_MISS

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri May 13 12:02:47 UTC 2016

On 13/05/2016 10:43 p.m., joe wrote:
> the img link has smale object size the one you post
> i dont know if this has to do with you problem try
>
> 113 cache_dir aufs /squid-cache 65536 128 256
> without      min-size=512000
>
> check and see the object size
>
> if you want to control the min  size use this instead
> minimum_object_size 0 bytes         <--- change to min size u want
>
> first try without   min-size=512000       and see if you get hit on smale
> obj

Yes that might be a good test.

Though the way I'm reading that config (and Squid should be) is objects
under 512KB are stored in memory, 512000 bytes - 512KB are store in
either memory or disk, and over-512KB are stored only on disk.

The debug log is indicating that something in the active logic is
explicitly requesting that the object not be stored. The store is not
going on to do any figuring out of whether its cacheable because it has
already been explicitly told not to.

What does the rest of your config contain?
 Are you intercepting the traffic and using Google DNS perhapse? that
particular combo can easily make the traffic not cacheable.