[squid-users] URL/P2P blocking

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Wed May 4 21:18:28 UTC 2016

Generally, for effective blocking of everything better design would
first consider - as everyone and everything is engeneered,
and then look for the magic button "to disable all to hell."

Then it becomes clear what is possible and what means - and what is not.

Especially P2P - this is at all not about Squid.

05.05.16 3:11, Yuri Voinov пишет:

> Facebook uses Akamai as background CDN, so you need to block Akamai
(related URL's, which can be difficult, so consider to use Cisco NBAR
DPI functionality). too in case to completely block FB.

> YT still uses QUIC/SPDY, so read this
>
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/Block%20QUIC%20protocol
>
> About P2P/Torrents said enough here
>
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/TorrentFiltering
>
> Note: Using Cisco NBAR required valid service contract. Protocol packs
is not lying at all angles, and are updated monthly.