[squid-users] Only listening to ipv6 (bug) still present? http_port

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed May 4 00:58:27 UTC 2016

On 4/05/2016 11:12 a.m., Tory M Blue wrote:
> My configs have always consisted of http_port 80 accel vhost.. With
> the latest 3.5.17 (I guess) if you don't list 0.0.0.0:80 squid won't
> even attempt to listen, talk on ivp4..
>
> So adding 0.0.0.0:80 allows it to at least talk via ipv4.
>
> This seems wrong, odd.
>
> I understand you are removing methods to disable ipv6, however forcing
> folks to us only ipv6 seems like a stretch :)
>
> Thanks
> Tory
>
> CentOS 7
> squid-3.5.17-1.el7.centos.x86_64

What is Squid saying on startup about the stack type detected?
 (may have to set debug_options 3,2)

Linux has a hybrid TCP stack. Which means IPv6 ports can receive IPv4
traffic unless you change something. Have you got any custom config in
your TCP/IP settings that might have changed the stacks v4-mapping
behaviour?