[squid-users] url_rewrite_program is ignored by squid

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 21:30:20 UTC 2016

30.06.2016 2:34, Eliezer Croitoru пишет:

> Hey Moataz,( is this the first name?)
>

> I would be able to test it later next week on a testing machine.
>
> It's not clear what you expect to happen.
>
> What are seeing in the squid access.log file at the same time you are
using the proxy?

> It should show something when you load a simple HTTP page such as:
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/
>

> And Yuri,
>
> As was mentioned here in another thread.
>
> Indeed SquidGuard is not maintained anymore for at least 2 years but
it works for more then once place.

> If it works and does good work for the users, then what is the blocker
from using it?
Actually, it uses copy all databases for every helper instance. Thus it
absorbs all the RAM, no matter how much it was not, especially with
large lists.

> If it will work, what then?
Second. It does not work with HTTPS. Absolutely. What in the world, with
80% consisting of HTTPS - as something silly, is not it? And reduce its
value to nearly zero.

Of course, someone mare - bride .... But really - why not? If only the
mare was too happy. :-D

<mailto:squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org>