[squid-users] flickr.com redirect error

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Jun 25 12:10:42 UTC 2016

On 25/06/2016 6:14 p.m., Rafael Akchurin wrote:
> Hello Amos,
>
> The Via from mine is:
>
> Via:"http/1.1 fts110.flickr.bf1.yahoo.com (ApacheTrafficServer [cMs f ]), http/1.1 r02.ycpi.ams.yahoo.net (ApacheTrafficServer [cMsSf ]), 1.1 qlproxy (squid/3.3.8)"
>
> Might it be the error when constructing via contents in squid? As it starts with 1.1 while other constructed by Yahoo all start with http/1.1 ?

I think thats the Via on the reply coming back, not the request going out.

If that is actually your outgoing Via header *to* Yahoo. Then it says
the message has already been through their service. Thus a loop.

If Yahoo have any machine whose private hostname is "qlproxy" then your
Via header will match that machine (or qlproxy.*.yahoo.com) and again
they will detect a loop.

==> this will be true on whatever the outgoing Via really is from your
"qlproxy" proxies.

==> This is one of several reasons why I keep saying the
visible_hostname is *required* to be a FQDN, not a local one-label name.
And why Squid attempts to validate any auto-detected value in DNS before
using them.

What I'm expecting to see in Ozgur's header is either "localhost" or a
simple one-label name like yours which might match something inside the
private portion of the recipients CDN network.