[squid-users] Latest ssl and Squid stable compile issue

James Lay jlay at slave-tothe-box.net
Thu Jun 23 10:56:14 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-06-23 at 17:47 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Yay that you got it going with LibreSSL.
>
> But I'm still interested in why you got the errors in the first place
> with OpenSSL. It is supposed to be the better supported one :-P
>
> So if you have the time to assist my edufication;
>
>  what version OpenSSL was this exactly that you built against?
> ("git pulled latest" doesnt tell me much about what branch/version
> etc
> you ended up with.)
>
> And was it only the libssl you built with, or also the matching
> libcrypto ? (libcrypto is what defines the OpenSSL CRYPTO_LOCK_*
> stuff).
>
> Amos

Ah...well I went with this repo:
git clone https://github.com/openssl/openssl.git
And the errors I posted were where I stopped....unfortunately I've
already nuked the repo off the drive otherwise I'd give you the exact
info.  I can tell you I got the same errors with both 3.5.19 and
4.0.11.  Also compile line:
./configure --prefix=/opt --with-openssl=/opt/libressl --enable-ssl --
enable-ssl-crtd --enable-linux-netfilter --enable-follow-x-forwarded-
for --with-large-files --sysconfdir=/opt/etc/squid --enable-external-
acl-helpers=none
Sorry Amos...the one time you ask me for information and I don't have
it for you..: - (
James