[squid-users] Unable to increase max_filedescr

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Jun 22 04:54:12 UTC 2016

On 22/06/2016 12:52 p.m., Baird, Josh wrote:
> Replying to myself, but it appears that this package was compiled using '--max-fd=16384'.
>
> Is there anyway, other than re-compiling and building new packages, to increase beyond this?

ulimit in the init script or OS setting might be restricting what
max_filedesc can do. Otherwise no.

Whats holding you to 2.6 anyway?
The number of CVE assigned issues affecting it is longer than I can
easily count even with the list in front of me. Squid up to 3.5 should
build and run without much trouble anywhere 2.6 is already in use.