[squid-users] google drive up-/download size in squidlog

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Jun 7 17:36:04 UTC 2016

On 8/06/2016 2:12 a.m., Paul Buechler wrote:
> I've tested every %st-tag and read the whole documentation.
>
> What i want to see is, that if i upload 100Mb -> the log says 100000000

100 Mb == 13,107,200 Bytes.

100 MB == 104,857,600 Bytes.

100,000,000 Bytes == 95.4 MB

100,000,000 bits == 11.9 MB

There is also content encoding, transfer encoding, and since its an
upload with a "file" there will be multipart mime form encoding as well.
Possibly 1xx status messages involved as well.

All of which can add up to significant % of extra (or less) data "on the
wire" making it different from the file/thing you are uploading.

> caused by a tag. None of the %st-tags showed me this value. Neither
> %<st, nor %st, nor %>st.
>
> So is there going to be a tag in the near future to show the complete
> size of an upload?

Insufficient data. Those st codes log the traffic bytes they are
documented as logging. If you can demonstrate a bug in the latest
releases that should get fixed. Though it is more likely that the actual
traffic byte count is not what you have been thinking it was.

There are no plans to log anything more detailed about the payload than
the size of what got transfered on the connection if thats what you are
asking.