[squid-users] Vary object loop returns

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Jun 6 23:13:00 UTC 2016

On 7/06/2016 6:20 a.m., Yuri Voinov wrote:

> By the way, we have another problem. Caching is greatly reduced by the
> presence of User-Agent header Vary. Although I know that Amos says - he
> says, we should break the Internet and cached separately all types of
> user agents.

Please do not put your own beliefs into my mouth. I am very much in
favour of denying Vary:User-Agent from being cached *at all* until the
UA start sending sensible contents in the header. That would lower your
precious HIT ratio a tiny amount.

BTW: Do you know what "breaking the Internet" actually means? It's a bit
ironic that you would throw that insult at me while praising what these
patches currently do.