[squid-users] Squid high memory usage

FredB fredbmail at free.fr
Mon Jun 6 07:27:43 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I'm trying to use a server with 64 Go of ram, but I'm faced with a problem, squid can't works with more than 50% of memory
After that the swap is totally full and kswap process gone mad ...
I tried with vm.swappiness = 0 but same problem, perhaps a little better, I also tried memory_pool off without any change.

As you can see in this picture linux are using 22 Go of cached memory
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/22/1464965449-capture-squid.png

I'm using two caches (133 G each)with a dedicated sata (15 k) disk for each cache
Any advice will be very appreciate

OS Debian Jessie 64 bits and squid 3.5.19

Fred