[squid-users] HTTPS and Headers

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Jul 23 08:53:05 UTC 2016

On 21/07/2016 7:43 p.m., FredB wrote:
> Thanks Amos for your answer
> Do you think I can use an alternate method to tag my users requests ? Modifiy/add Header seems a bad idea

If its just between proxies, using HTTP messages. Then header should be
usable. This only falls over when you have non-HTTP hops involved. eg,
thats exactly how the X-Forwarded-For, Forwarded, and Via headers are
designed to operate.

TOS is the only way from Squid to send custom signals across non-HTTP
connections between machines. But Squid itself cannot receive the TOS
values. So that gets tricky.