[squid-users] protect squid.conf file

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu Jul 21 14:56:40 UTC 2016

On Thursday 21 July 2016 at 16:06:29, --Ahmad-- wrote:

> say that i worked on squid with very private work and i want to protect my
> squid.conf to be read from others who login ssh .
>
> is it possible to encrypt squid.conf file   ?

No, but you can make it readable to the squid user only (and that user is not
able to log in with ssh, so nobody else without root privilege can see it).

Just out of interest, what (sort of thing) do you have in squid.conf which you
consider to be particularly sensitive?

Antony.

--
Is it venison for dinner again?  Oh deer.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.