[squid-users] how to connect machine linux to squid proxy, not in browser?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu Jul 7 08:18:58 UTC 2016

On Thursday 07 July 2016 at 10:11:14, admin wrote:

> It is transparent (intercept) mode

See http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InterceptionProxy for details.

Note that:

 - getting intercept mode to work is more complex than standard (browser-
configured) mode; you are recommended to make sure you have standard mode
working correctly before adding this further complexity

 - some sites / applications may simply not work correctly with intercept mode

 - the Internet is migrating away from HTTP and towards HTTPS, which is a
*whole* lot more difficult to get working in intercept mode

> james82 писал 2016-07-07 12:26:
> > In normal, people away connect squid proxy with browser. But I want
> > method work with whole computer, like VPN, is mean connect machine
> > linux, window or Mac to squid proxy installed on it? How to do that?

What are you trying to achieve by implementing squid on your network?

Antony.

--
Software development can be quick, high quality, or low cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.