[squid-users] Compile install Squid, configure default options.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Wed Jan 13 13:52:48 UTC 2016

On 13/01/2016 11:36, Billy.Zheng (zw963) wrote:
> So the problem is: Why configure not detect out my system missing g++
> until I run make,  it told me `g++: command not found' ?

There might be something wrong in the configure script as far as I can
tell since your configure shows the next:
checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... no
checking for aCC... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking for cl.exe... no
checking for FCC... no
checking for KCC... no
checking for RCC... no
checking for xlC_r... no
checking for xlC... no
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
checking dependency style of g++... none

Which should somehow understand that there is no g++, then why it tries
to run it?
I can install a new CentOS 7 VM and see this issue.
Can you file a bugzilla report so I can test the issue and report there?
fill your details there..
http://bugs.squid-cache.org/

Thanks,
Eliezer