[squid-users] Squid 3.5.12 RPMs update for CentOS 7.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Jan 7 13:06:10 UTC 2016

I have just updated the CentOS 7 build due to an error in the the build
process of the RPM auto dependencies identification.

Details:
When the RED-HAT rpm build tools sets the dependencies for a script it
sets the "shbang" binary location as a static dependency requirement.
In this specific case when squid is being configured it fills the PERL
variable with "/bin/perl" which is a hard link to "/usr/bin/perl".
This results in a situation which perl cannot be upgraded since as the
part of the update path it supplies only "/usr/bin/perl" and there for
the RPM tools identify in this situation an issue and wont allow to
update squid-helpers package.
The fix is to statically declare the PERL variable in the build environment.

Currently 3.5.12-2 for CentOS 7 fixed this issue.

Eliezer

On 21/12/2015 12:57, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> Published at: http://www1.ngtech.co.il/wpe/?p=166
>
> I am happy to release the new RPMs of squid 3.5.12 for Centos 6 64bit,
> 32bit and CentOS 7 64bit.
>
> The new release includes couple bug fixes and improvements.
> I have also took the time to build the latest beta 4.0.3 RPM for CentOS 7.
> The details about the the RPMs repository are at
> squid-wiki[http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/CentOS].
<SNIP>